- IViR’s Balazs Bodo wins €1.5M ERC STG grant to study the societal effects of blockchain technologies
- Personalised Communication: A joint Communication and Information Law Initiative
- Copyright, related rights and the news in the EU: Assessing potential new laws
- Blockchain and Copyright Symposium
- CFP: Special issue of the Internet Policy Review on ‘Political micro-targeting’
- Smartphones and Privacy: Unique Research Project by MIT and the University of Amsterdam
Below is a list of current projects in which researchers from the Institute are involved.
- Global online piracy study
- Blockchain & Society
- A new Publishers’ Intellectual Property (PIP)?
- Politieke profiling, ook in Nederland
- EU-US Privacy Bridges
- EnDow: Enhancing access to 20th Century cultural heritage through Distributed Orphan Works Clearance
- Images for the Future: from digitization to dissemination, when can we watch?
- Mediapluralism, gatekeepers and governance
- Personalized Communication – A Joint Communication and Information Law Initiative
- Personalised News – Implications for the democratic role of the digital media, user rights and public information policy
- Reconciling Fair Information Principles and Open Data policies
- Reconstructing Rights: Rethinking copyright’s economic rights in a time of highly dynamic technological and economic change
- Study of fundamental rights limitations for online enforcement through self-regulation
- iLINC: the European Network of ICT Law Incubators
- Right to privacy in the age of big data
- Waardering commerciële radiovergunningen
- Prohibition of general monitoring obligations
- Normative aspects of filesharing
- Future contours of the library privilege in copyright law
- The protection of traditional cultural expressions: crossing legal boundaries
- Privacy as Virtue: towards an actor based approach to privacy regulation
- LAPSI 2.0 (Legal Aspects of Public Sector Information Thematic Network)
- Governing Digital Information (GODINO): Users’ control and sovereignty over unpublicized digital information in the European Union
Below is a list of closed projects in which researchers from the Institute are involved.
- Of Authorship and Originality (OOR)
- Study on sports organisers’ rights in the European Union
- Economic Essays on Telecommunication, Media & Copyright
- Securing Free Communications
- The European Harmonisation of Intermediairy Civil Liability for Online Copyright Infringement
- Behavioural Targeting, how to regulate?
- Creative Commons Nederland IV
- Europeana Awareness
- Copyright in an Age of Access: Alternatives to Copyright Enforcement